THE BIG MOVE

Well, they finally moved us tonight. Nini and Baba, Nana and Papa - we're on the third floor of the giraffe wing now (I think room 3010) - good luck finding us! We're guessing even mommy will have trouble finding us tomorrow. . . We've gone from the plush accomodations provided in the PICU to the not-so-plush surgical recovery floor. Keller probably won't notice the spartan accomodations, so no big deal. Ok, I admit it, I'm slightly concerned that the bed I have to sleep in tonight is half my size, but that's a personal problem. . . Keller has hit a few more milestones tonight. He is getting more and more anxious to get back to his old ways and actually tried to stand up in his bed this evening, which we took as a good sign. He also had a peak or two out of his left eye. More patty-cake and peekaboo played as well. Can I say that he also had his first bowel movement today? This becomes a permissible subject during a hospital stay or camping trip, right? Anyway, we should get the drainage tube out tomorrow, which may mean that they can also take out his last IV. I suspect Keller is more concerned with the IV, but I think I speak for the rest of us when I say that we're all looking forward to having that tube taken out, none of us more so than Jim Bob. He looked to be on the verge of passing out today when Keller started yanking on it like a madman!